- Transfer & Release
- Electrical Insulation
- Flexo & Offset
- Differentiated Industrial Applications
Coveme's commitment to a sustainable present and future is reflected in the company's numerous social and ecological activities. On an operational level a particular focus lies on the environmental aspect with green production, carbon foot print and life cycle assessment as central themes. Educational programmes, sports sponsorships and charitiy donations on a national and international level complete the picture.
- Emission treatment: All production lines are equipped with efficient systems that capture and convert the emissions coming from the various phases of manufacturing.
- Storage of chemicals: The chemical base materials are stored in a stock room with efficient capturing systems to prevent the pollution of the soil in case of accidental shedding or breakage of tanks.
- Waste disposal: The production waste is identified, differentiated and disposed of with the aim to recycle as much of it as possible.
- Pest control procedure: There is a regular and continuous maintenance of the internal and external area adapting specific pest control procedures.
- Optimization of energy resources: The consumption of energy and water is constantly controlled and optimized.
- Polluting substances: We restrict the use of environmentally hazardous substances in compliance with RoHS and REACH.
- White Certificates: The company participates in the European White Certificate Program achieving an important target of energy saving.
- Production scrap management: All the wasted PET from Coveme’s production processes is recycled by specialized companies that can re-use this material for making other consumables. All the by-products generated by Coveme production process are burned to generate heat that finally is used for other facilities of Coveme’s production plants.
- Energy Saving: Coveme has adopted various measures to improve the company’s carbon footprint such as solar panels installed on the roof on both its headquarters and production sites which cover over 85% and 20% of the annual energy consumption respectively.
EOL - END OF LIFE
Coveme continuously invests in End of Life (EOL) and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) activities co-operating with its clients, scientific institutes, category associations and governmental bodies. The PET employed in Coveme products is a 100% recyclable material and hazard free in any disposal process. This means financial and ecological advantages for our clients since the disposal and recycling of their materials is possible with the most efficient and environmental friendly processes.
Coveme contributes with regular donations to help various charities and voluntary organizations, both within Africa and Italy area.
In Africa our assistance goes to:
- "Make a difference" is an Italian NGO active in Kenya since 2008 in support of orphaned children in need. In particular Coveme participates in the construction of classrooms for the teaching of children, recognizing education as a winning tool for the integration of the human being in society.
- "James non morirà" is an Italian FOUNDATION active in Ethiopia since 2002 and aims to help orphans, children in difficult situations, poor and marginalized women. Every year Coveme is involved in specific projects needed in the village of Adwa and followed by the foundation.
- "L'Hospice Seràgnoli" in Bentivoglio (Bologna), a non-profit association that supports patients and their families in the terminal phase of illness.
- La Città dei Ragazzi di Mola di Bari: Coveme, starting 2019, has decided to participate in youth support for children and minors, from southern Italy, who suffer from both moral and educational poverty and need to be included in a training and constructive context with perspectives future changes.
- Coveme firmly believes in the beneficial effects of sports activity especially for young people.
This is why the company has been renewing since several years its sponsorship for the women’s volleyball team VIP San Lazzaro (Bologna) in its run towards important goals.
- Since 2019 Coveme is proud to support and sponsor in the men's beach volleyball world circuit the Italian athlete Daniele Lupo, winner of a silver medal at the Rio Olympics.
Daniele made his debut as a professional in 2010, in 2012 he participated in the London Olympics in team with Paolo Nicolai where the obtained the fifth position. Two years later, in 2014, they won the European championships. The next highlight in his career was the silver medal won at the Olympic gamens in Rio in 2016.
Daniele in 2019 is playing the world tour, below is the link to the calendar of sport events: http://www.fivb.org/EN/BeachVolleyball/calendar.asp?Type=39
Coveme actively contributes, in collaboration with the Enrico Mattei Institute of San Lazzaro (Bologna, Italy) to the realization of projects and activities under the ministerial protocol "school-work project."
The staff of Coveme holds a series of lectures and workshops on topics such as finance, marketing, sales and logistics. The aim is to strengthen the relationship with the high school students of our region and offer them the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the company through theoretical knowledge with practical examples of work activities.